(Guest post from Account Coordinator Jaclyn Reardon)
Business-to-business communicators are continuously battling the increasingly fast-paced world of communication caused by growing technology and instant communication capabilities. With today’s smart phones and their seemingly never-ending offering of applications, users have access to almost anything, anywhere and at anytime.
So as a business communications professional, why not take advantage and utilize your smart phone to be more productive?
Here is a list of apps that are either top rated or are Bianchi PR staff favorites. We’ve included a sampling of business organization, networking / communication and social media smart phone apps for Android (A), BlackBerry (B) and iPhone (I):
- CamScanner – Scans documents by taking a picture, and then allows you to crop and create a PDF. (A)
- Genius Scan – Scans documents and allows you to e-mail as a JPEG or PDF. (I)
- PDF Creator Ultimate Free – Edit photos to be converted into PDF’s. (B)
- Dropbox – Have access to all your documents anywhere you go and easily share with others you’re connected to in Dropbox. (A, B, I)
- Evernote – Stay organized by taking notes, capture photos, to-do lists, record voice reminders and Evernote allows you to search for content to find information faster. (A, B, I)
- Expensify – Create and keep track of expense reports by scanning receipts and logging purchases. (A, B, I)
- Pulse – Organizes your favorite news sites and allows you to mark and save stories to read later. (A, I)
Networking / Communication
- Bump – Bump phones with someone else to transfer and share contact information, apps, photos and more. (A, I)
- CamCardLite – Use to scan a business card and the information will be added to your phone’s contacts. (A)
- Google Translate – Translate text in more than 50 languages and speech in 15. (A, I)
- iSpeech Translator – Speak or type any phrase and listen to the corresponding translation in your choice of language (B)
- Blogger – Google’s blogging service for sharing text, photos and video. (A, I)
- Facebook – General app for Facebook. (A, B, I)
- LinkedIn – General app for LinkedIn. (A, B, I)
- Google+ – General app for Google+. (A, I)
- HootSuite – Manage multiple social media accounts, monitor keywords, schedule messages and track analytics. (A, B, I)
- Tweetcaster – Top rated twitter app for Android, has multiple account support, notifications, and photo attachment capabilities. (A)
- Echofon – Twitter app for iPhone, simple to share photos, videos, location and links, has notifications for mentions and messages. (I)
- UberSocial – Twitter app for BlackBerry, offers functionality, customized options and is user friendly. (B)
- WordPress – A blogging tool that goes beyond the basics, it’s easy to use and includes many great features including an integrated stats system. (A, I)
And of course, if you’re stuck in an airport and need help to pass the time, you can always rely on the top-rated, best app ever created … Angry Birds.
What business apps would you recommend?